Dr. Jim Watson and the team at Watson Orthodontics are experts in treating their patients in Tomball, TX, especially teens, with Invisalign clear aligners as an alternative to traditional metal braces. Clear and removable, this system uses thermoplastic trays that exert a gentle pressure to shift teeth to their optimal positions within the mouth. These benefits are especially important to teens who need orthodontic treatment.
5 Benefits of Invisalign
- Easy to wear. Again, made of a clear, removable, thermoplastic material that is smooth, there is no irritation to the soft mouth tissues. Invisible to the casual observer, most people never know someone is wearing Invisalign. This also alleviates some of the self-consciousness that teens may feel while undergoing orthodontic treatment.
- Easy to remove. Treatment with this system involves wearing a series of removable aligner trays that patients change out themselves every two weeks. Dr. Watson also recommends removing them to eat and clean both your teeth and the trays; it does not require a teen wearer to alter their eating habits or their morning routine, and it is easier to keep clean than traditional braces.
- Shorter treatment times. If worn correctly, the course of treatment with Invisalign may be less than treatment with traditional braces. The course of treatment with this system may last a year and a half, while treatment with traditional braces can take longer.
- Less discomfort. A sense of pressure or discomfort may be experienced during treatment with traditional braces. But with this system, bands, brackets, wires, or rubber bands are eliminated therefore there is much less discomfort.
- Less maintenance. Removability makes the care and maintenance of the aligners require less attention than traditional braces. Teeth and trays are cleaned simultaneously! Traditional braces require more attention and commitment to stay clean because brushing and flossing are more difficult with your teeth behind bars.
Dr. Watson knows that treatment for teens with Invisalign teaches the wearer responsibility and accountability. The care involved in successful treatment with Invisalign is not difficult, but it requires conscientious and consistent attention. Far less intricate than cleaning traditional braces, Invisalign is the clear alternative to braces. For more information on Invisalign in Tomball, TX, or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Watson and the team at Watson Orthodontics, contact us today!
Dr. Jim Watson and the team at Watson Orthodontics are experts in invisalign. If you have any questions pertaining to Invisalign, Invisalign Teen, braces and clear braces in the 77429 zip code: Cypress TX, Harris County TX, Houston TX, Spring TX, Tomball TX, or would like to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Watson, contact Watson Orthodontics at: (281) 955-7612