Invisalign is made of a clear thermoplastic, therefore the clear aligners are nearly invisible. For that reason, this system has become a more popular alternative to traditional metal braces. Getting treated with Invisalign clear aligners by Dr. Jim Watson and the Invisalign experts here at Watson Orthodontics near Tomball, TX, results in straight teeth and a healthy smile. But it’s important to note that the clear aligners can be stained, and to avoid this, patients must clean them conscientiously so that they can continue to be discreet and effective for the wearer.
6 Ways to Properly Clean Your Invisalign
1. The Invisalign Aligner Cleaning System (www.invisalignstore.com) uses special cleaning crystals to remove plaque from your Invisalign aligners in about 15 minutes, keeping your aligners odor-free, hygienic, and clear.
2. A regular toothbrush and toothpaste are acceptable and affordable alternatives, but not that it’s best to use a regular toothpaste; many whitening toothpastes are too abrasive and can dull or scratch the thermoplastic material.
3. Denture cleaning solutions are another way to keep your clear aligners clean. Many come in tablet form that dissolve in water, forming a bubbly solution that will clear your aligners of any plaque and leave them smelling fresh.
4. Ultrasonic cleaner appliances (available at retail stores; most for less than $50) can gently and effectively help keep your clear aligners clear of any debris.
5. White vinegar is a time-honored cleaning solution that can be effective in cleaning and deodorizing your clear aligners.
6. Hydrogen peroxide (mixed with a little water) will kill any bacteria and keep your clear aligners clear.
Treatment results are dependent on conscientious oral health care practices, and here at Watson Orthodontics near Tomball, TX we want to help you keep your clear aligners clean so that you can continue to straighten your teeth with discretion. If you have any questions regarding how to care for your Invisalign clear aligners don’t hesitate to contact us at 281.955.7612, and as always, remember to rinse before putting your aligners back in your mouth. Keep smiling!
Dr. Jim Watson and the team at Watson Orthodontics are experts in Invisalign. If you have any questions pertaining to Invisalign®, Invisalign Teen®, braces and/or clear braces in the 77429 zip code area: Cypress, Harris County, Houston, Spring, or Tomball, TX, or would like to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Watson, contact Watson Orthodontics at: 281.955.7612