For decades, traditional metal braces were the go-to choice for orthodontic treatment. Most often because it was the only option available to patients needing orthodontic treatment in Harris County, TX. Today, there are more treatment options than there were in the past. Dr. Jim Watson and the professionals at Watson Orthodontics know that treatment with Invisalign clear aligners in Harris County, TX has been more sought after than any other orthodontic treatment option currently available. So before you choose Invisalign for yourself or your child, the team at Watson Orthodontics recommends that you learn a little more about this popular treatment.
- What is Invisalign? Invisalign is a new approach to get a straight and healthy smile. It uses custom-made aligners to gradually shift teeth. Every two weeks, a new aligner is fitted to the wearer and the process recurs for the rest of treatment.
- What makes Invisalign different from traditional metal braces? The difference between the two is that Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible. The trays are clear and fit right over the teeth, so people won’t even know that you’re straightening your teeth. Unlike traditional metal braces, Invisalign has no metal brackets or wires, making it more comfortable and less painful. Invisalign aligners, unlike traditional metal braces, are removable as well and can be taken out to eat and brush and floss your teeth.
- Does Invisalign hurt? Invisalign clear aligners exert a gentle pressure to move teeth within the mouth. A slight discomfort may be experienced when a new tray aligner is fitted.The smooth thermoplastic surface of Invisalign is less likely to cause irritation in the wearer’s mouth.
- How long does Invisalign treatment take? Every case is different. Treatment time depends how severe your case is. Dr. Jim Watson will be able to give you an estimate of how long it will take. To maximize the results and ensure a faster treatment process, follow all of the directions you receive from the team at Watson Orthodontics. And remember to only remove Invisalign to eat, brush, and floss.
- Will I Be Able to Afford Invisalign? Orthodontic treatment can become expensive quickly. Many dental insurances policies do cover Invisalign treatment, so it is worth the effort to talk to your insurer. The only way to know how much treatment will cost for sure is to schedule an initial consultation with Dr. Jim Watson and the team at Watson Orthodontics.
- Will Invisalign affect my day to day activities? Invisalign will not affect your day-to-day activities. You will probably want to avoid foods or drinks that may stain your teeth and aligners. You may find that you have to brush and floss more to keep clean. But, you will still be able to play sports, have fun, and live your life while wearing Invisalign.
To find out more about Invisalign treatment, or to see if it’s right for you, make an appointment with Dr. Jim Watson and the team at Watson Orthodontics in Harris County, TX. contact us at: 281-955-7612